The Board for IT Education Standards is a non-profit Society set up by the Karnataka Government, in association with IT industries and educational institutions, in order to enhance the quality of IT education and help build quality manpower for the IT industry.
To establish Karnataka as the acknowledged leader in Information Technology by fostering high quality industry-relevant IT education
To serve as a catalyst for nurturing Excellence in our IT educational institutions, ensuring employability of our Graduates, promoting Quality of work of our Faculty, strenghtening interactions and networking among Stakeholders, and enhancing global competitiveness of our IT industry.
Key Activity Areas
- Advise on Policy
- Competitions and Awards
- Curriculum Development
- Faculty Development
- Industry - Institute Interaction
- Institutional Development
- IT Education Standards
- Leadership Development
Reflecting its leadership and commitment towards enhancement of IT education, BITES has the following objectives:
- Promote excellence and enhance quality of education being delivered at engineering colleges offering IT courses.
- Networking of stakeholders like Engineering College, students, faculty and IT industries to create an effective IT ecosystem
- To keep pace with global trends in IT education and make Karnataka a preferred IT destination in the country.
- To encourage the creation of special interest groups to work on specific topics of interest and participate in various activities like Curriculum development, Creation of Online Courseware etc.
- Encourage student and teacher participation and support for BITES
- Market BITES membership and make itself sustaining